Myra Miller, Ph.D., is a researcher, writer, and educator living in St. Louis, Missouri.
- Independent for Hire Researcher at National Archives and Records Administration (NARA), specializing in WWII military records at NARA St. Louis and NARA College Park.
- Award-winning author of Soldiers’ Stories: A Collection of WWII Memoirs – Volume I (2016) — with Volume II coming soon!
- Experienced tour organizer, specializing in the European theatre (France, Luxembourg, Belgium, Germany, Italy, and England)
- Adjunct professor of communications, specializing in social media
“While watching a documentary about WWII one evening, I realized I didn’t even know what unit my father had been a part of. He had died many years earlier without having talked much about his experience in the Army. Researching his service and tracing his footsteps through Europe in person was a life-changing experience that inspired me to help others get the same gift of understanding their fathers’ legacies.”
Instagram: @myraemiller, https://www.instagram.com/myraemiller/
Twitter: @myramiller2861, https://twitter.com/myramiller2861
Joey van Meesen, M.A. is a researcher, historian, and social media consultant living in the Netherlands.
- Bachelor’s in history from the University of Leiden
- Master’s degree in military history at the University of Arnham
- Knowledge of the use of the most important digital sources and methods for historical research
- Specialty in techniques that are necessary for studying and analyzing digital source material and digital methods of research
- Proximity to the European battlefields allows Joey to capture photos and video of locations identified in military records
- Experienced battlefield tour guide in both the European and Pacific Theater of Operations
- Skilled videographer specializing in documentary and short films
“I’ve been passionate about WWII history since I was a kid. My dad used to take me on holidays to the Ardennes where we’d visit museums about the Battle of the Bulge. To this day, we still repeat our one-week WWII trip to Belgium and Luxembourg to study the Battle of the Bulge.”
Instagram: @joedemadio_ww2, https://www.instagram.com/joedemadio_ww2/