Family. Military History. Research.
Have you considered researching a relative who fought in the European Theater or Pacific Theater of Operations?
We know how powerful family history is in shaping one’s identity. We also know how to uncover the details that create the most vivid picture possible of your loved one’s experience, and we can deliver them in the format that is most meaningful to you.
Fill out the form on the Contact Us page and together we will construct the route of your relatives who fought in WWII. The more information you send us, the more dots we can connect together in an efficient manner.
The scope of our research can be customized to your needs—from researching a defined time period (the days surrounding a loved one’s death), time spent in a specific location, or a complete time of service? Explore what our various packages can offer you:
Footsteps Basic Research
NARA St. Louis, Missouri
- Archive files: Personnel files (OMPF), KIA or died while in service files (IDPF), After Action Reports, or other paper file searches.
- Microfilm searches: Morning Reports, unit rosters, hospitalization or sick files, etc.
- Process: Our turn-around time is approximately 3-4 weeks and done digitally. (We are at the mercy of the Archives to pull files.)
NARA College Park, Maryland
- Unit Journals, After Action Reports, Photographs, Maps
- Process: We will assess your request a do a quote capped at a certain dollar amount. Our turn-around time is approximately 3-4 weeks and done digitally.
Footsteps Research Packages
Footsteps Research Portfolio – The Footsteps Research Package is a presentation binder and can be customized to include other research details per client. Depending on speed of files pulled from the Archives, this can be completed in approximately 4-6 weeks.
Click on the picture below to see an example of the digital version of a Footsteps Research Portfolio:
- Digital images of Service Records, Company Morning Reports, awards, and, if relevant, Individual Deceased Personnel Files (IDPFs) for soldiers who died during their WWII service.
- A written narrative of the veteran’s unit timeline
- Day-by-day, plotted Google map with locations and information about the unit’s activity
- Jump drive with all files included in the presentation binder.
- Dog tag with name of soldier and ASN on back.
- Portrait of your veteran drawn by Ken Miller
Footsteps Research – Photo and Video Package – Please contact us for a quote.
- The Footsteps Research Package PLUS photo and video footsteps.
Footsteps Tour – Silver Star Package – Please contact us for a quote.
- The complete Footsteps Research Package, plus
- A battlefield tour specific to the your loved one’s footsteps, guided by Joey van Meesen in eastern France, Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, or Germany
- And/or a battlefield tour specific to your loved one’s footsteps, guided by Florent Plana in Normandy and Brittany regions of France.
Footsteps Tour – Gold Star Package – Please contact us for a quote.
- Everything from the Footsteps Tour – Silver Star Package, plus
- We arrange all the details of your trip: transportation, hotels, restaurants, and specialists.
- Tour operator Myra Miller plus our team historians will take care of your trip.
Contact us for detailed information about our packages, fees, and procedures.