Family. Military History. Research.
Everyone wants to know about their family. Researching a relative who fought in the European Theater or Pacific Theater of Operations is no easy task.
Family history can be powerful in shaping one’s identity. Footstep Researchers know how to uncover details that create the most vivid picture possible of your loved one’s WWII experience, and deliver them in the format that is most meaningful to you.
Fill out the form on the Contact Us page and together we will construct the route of your relatives who fought in WWII. The more information you send us, the more dots we can connect together in an efficient manner.
The scope of our research and team allows us to customize it. For instance, you may want to define a period of time such the leading up to a hero’s death or the time served in a location or even the entire time of service. Explore the various packages detailed below and select what will help you better know your loved one.
Footsteps Basic Research
NARA St. Louis, Missouri
- Archive files: Personnel files (OMPF), KIA or died while in service files (IDPF), After Action Reports, or other paper file searches.
- Microfilm searches: Morning Reports, unit rosters, hospitalization or sick files, etc.
- Process: Our turn-around time is approximately 3-4 weeks and done digitally. (We are at the mercy of the Archives to pull files.)
NARA College Park, Maryland
- Unit Journals, After Action Reports, Photographs, Maps
- Process: We will assess your request and do a quote capped at a certain dollar amount. Our turn-around time is approximately 3-4 weeks and done digitally.
Footsteps Research Packages
Footsteps Research Portfolio – The Footsteps Research Package is a presentation binder and can be customized to include other research details per client. Depending on the speed of files pulled from the Archives, this can be completed in approximately 4-6 weeks.
Click on the picture below to see an example of the digital version of a Footsteps Research Portfolio:
- Digital images of Service Records, Company Morning Reports, awards, and, if relevant, Individual Deceased Personnel Files (IDPFs) for soldiers who died during their WWII service
- A written narrative of the veteran’s unit timeline
- Day-by-day plotted Google map with locations and information about the unit’s activity
- Jump drive with all files included in the presentation binder.
- Dog tag with the name of soldier and ASN on back.
- Portrait of your veteran drawn by Ken Miller
Footsteps Research – Photo and Video Package – Please contact us for a quote.
- The Footsteps Research Package PLUS photo and video footsteps
Footsteps Tour – Silver Star Package – Please contact us for a quote.
- The complete Footsteps Research Package, plus
- A battlefield tour specific to your loved one’s footsteps, guided by Joey van Meesen in eastern France, Belgium, Luxembourg, The Netherlands, or Germany
- and/or a battlefield tour specific to your loved one’s footsteps, guided by Florent Plana in Normandy and Brittany regions of France
- and/or a battlefield tour specific to your loved one’s footsteps, guided by Bob Konings in the Battle of the Bulge area of Belgium
- and/or a battlefield tour specific to your loved one’s footsteps, guided by Loic Jankowiak in Southern France, Italy, or Northern Africa
- and/or a battlefield tour specific to your loved one’s footsteps, guided by Nils Hagemann in Germany
Footsteps Tour – Gold Star Package – Please contact us for a quote.
- Everything from the Footsteps Tour – Silver Star Package, plus
- We arrange all the details of your trip: transportation, hotels, restaurants, and specialists
- Tour operator Myra Miller, plus our team historians will lead your trip in the exact footsteps you wish to follow
Contact us for detailed information about packages, fees, and procedures.