Tracing. Exact. Footsteps.
Why are Morning Reports a critical tool in tracing the exact footsteps of your veteran?
A Morning Report provided the higher command with an essential overview of all personnel activity within the company on a given day. It contains the following details:
- The company’s exact location
- Names of personnel transferred to another company
- Names of personnel wounded or killed in action—in the case of transfer to a hospital, the report gives the particular hospital unit.
- The strength of the company—that is, the number of active soldiers that day
- An overview of the rations in the company’s inventory
- Sometimes, a brief record of events about the company’s activities that day—e.g., moving or fighting
Searching Morning Reports is a labor-intensive process. They are stored on microfilm and require patient, careful searching through reels of negatives. Let us locate, process, and interpret your veteran’s files.
Disclaimer: Please bare in mind that requesting and receiving your files usually takes two to four weeks!